This is the release notes for GCstar 1.5.0 containing the main new features and bug fixes. You may also read the full CHANGELOG
Grabbing information from the internet is now much more powerful thanks to changes made by Bubblegum. Now you can choose exactly which web service you’d like each field to be imported from! Like the IMDb movie descriptions but hate their poor cover art? No problem now... just set the cover art to be fetched from whichever site you prefer!
New collection templates for stamp collecting, periodicals, and mini vehicles.
New grabbers for Amazon video games, NextGame, Internet Bookshop, The Movie DB, Alpacine, CartelesMetropoliGloba, Kinopoisky, Saraiva, and Manga-Sanctuary.
Stacks of other little improvements, like
- Automatically resizing large pictures to fit in your display
- You can associate a url (http or ftp) to an item, in place of a local file
- Improved sorting for dates and numbers
- Correctly storing configuration files on Windows system so that GCstar won’t require admin rights to run
- GCstar now correctly installs its icon files to the hicolor theme, including a new scalable, svg icon
- Plus the usual round of bug fixes and translation updates
GCstar 1.5.0 is available for download now! You can find a package for your operating system using the following links:
Use the GCstar stable release ppa to automatically get the latest gcstar releases and plugin updates.
GCstar 1.5.0 is available in all Fedora versions since Fedora 12.
An install file for all versions of Windows is available here.
Instructions for other operating systems are available on the gcstar wiki.